Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Exhausted, but home

Our apartment complex
Here is a picture of what we see walking out our door. I feel the picture does not do it justice. It is a beautiful apartment complex! We are close to the pool and fitness center, which is nice when having to carry Adalynn there :D (she gets heavy! hehe) The place is clean, with high ceilings, new carpet and paint!

I will admit, last night was hard though. Sleeping on the floor with only a sheet underneath you is difficult. Needless to say, I did not get a good nights sleep. Which made today harder, though it could also be the fact that we have finally made it HOME so I have a let down of all the stress of moving.

Adalynn is finally feeling the effects too. She's been fussy all day, not wanting to be left alone. Who can blame her really though?

* In the last 8 days we have been in 5 different hotels before moving into our apartment
* Traveled 15+ hours by car (with a cat), roughly over 900 miles.

Whew, I suppose we all have reason to be tired. It's not over though, all our belongings get moved in tomorrow morning! YAY! I miss my couch, and bed and a changing table! hehe

We did spend over 2 hours at Fort Gordon today getting healthcare figured out and setting Addie up with her 4 month doctors appointment. Boy was that a process... for all those military spouses out there, I so respect each and every one of you! Lots of work and processes for simple things. Just trying to find out where an office is located was difficult.

Here is my idea: for those families that just arrive on base, there should be like a welcome booklet or pamphlet or ONE office to go for their spouse to get all the helpful numbers and info. I do not think this would be so difficult.

Instead we went (carrying Adalynn mind you) into one building, visiting 3-4 different rooms, all doing slightly different things. Then traveled to the medical building, visiting 3-4 different places (all while carrying Adalynn in the Snugli). I think we have a basic understanding and are all registered with the healthcare. Sheesh! :P

Just ask how much work went into organizing the movers! YIKES! lol....
I think they need a better system, but I am grateful for all that they are giving us!

Anyhoo - I am PROUD to be a military wife!

And to switch things up; Addie is getting so close to flipping over from her back to stomach! AH, she's way strong! :P

Addie is almost rolling from back to stomach now! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment